Thursday, March 17, 2016

A Story from the Life of Paul I. Ghostwritten by Tyler I.


Photo courtesy of www.genesishcs.org

A Story From the Life of Paul I.
Ghostwritten by Tyler I.


CHiPS (The Story They Never Told You)


Many would say that I’m a trouble maker. Me, I think that I’m just a leader in disguise, a leader of the boys of my neighborhood. After all, I am the Admiral. But even the Admiral becomes too overwhelmed sometimes. Especially when Mom finds out what I’ve been up to.


It was a sunny morning, like any other. No school just made it even better. A day with the guys outside all day long was a day worthwhile.


“Paul, excuse me, I mean, Admiral, what should we do today?”


“Well, let’s see here, we can play in the woods. No we do that too much. How about we just ride our bikes around, no no that’s just boring, uh oh! How about we play chips? I’ve been itching to play since seeing the last episode.”


“I don’t know, Paul, where would we play it?” questioned Tracey. Tracey was always a goody two shoes. He acted more like a little brother than a older brother. We couldn’t get away with anything when he was around. He really doesn’t get the term snitches get stitches. The hardest part about playing a game is choosing that perfect location. The location could be the life or death of it all.


“Well we could play by the uh, I know how about the parking lot at Good Samaritan Hospital!” I exclaimed. It was perfect a huge parking lot and It wasn’t gravel.


“That doesn’t seem like such a good idea,” Tracey would always question my ideas.


“Tracey you are such a baby, just kick back and have fun for once, you’re such a buzzkill.”
I was never really able to have Tracy’s full support. He was always afraid of Mom and Dad. I, on the other hand, had no fear. I was strong and courageous. Tracey wasn’t going to stop me and the guys from having a good time today. Chips is always fun to play and Tracey was not going to stop us from doing so. Playing as Jon or Poncho was the most fun we could have. Pedaling. As fast as we could on our bikes, acting like we were in a high speed chase on a highway. There was nothing cooler than Chips. Zooming through the Hospital parking lot on the smooth surface was the best place to play Chips. No gravel, just smooth surface. Perfect conditions for riding a bike.


“Frank this is Jon, over.” yelled Tracey,


“Copy Jon. Jon we got a high speed chase in pursuit.” Frank was my favorite character and no one else was gonna play him but me.


“Copy that Frank we are in pursuit.” Pedaling as fast as we could, zipping through on my 1976 Huffy Thunder star in parking lot was the best.  Air whistling past my ears, my legs pumping harder and harder. The fresh air and the sun, it was the perfect day to ride a bike.


“Jon, we got the perpetrator.”


“Copy that Frank write him up.” Writing a ticket was just a little something extra to make it real. Then all of a sudden I heard a wailing noise coming closer and closer and closer, but it didn’t bother me. I had a ticket to write up. The wailing had become louder and louder until I could feel
it shaking inside of me.


“Hey kid get out of the way. Hey kid get out of the way!”


The guy was screaming at the top of his lungs. But I was Paul and I was going to finish what I started. No ambulance was going to stop my fun; I had a reputation to uphold. I waved him off, I needed more time to finish my ticket.


“Paul get out of the way!” Tracey exclaimed
“Shut up Tracey, I need to write this ticket.” I yelled back.


“Hey kid get over here!” A security guard had come out and I knew that our game was all over, that my day was over and that I was in for it when I got home. The walk back to the house was a long dreadful walk. Tracey and I had no idea what was going to happen, but then I remembered something. The only way Mom and Dad could find out is if someone were to tell them. I looked right at Tracey and with a stern voice I said, “Tracey look me in the eyes.” I wanted to make sure he would hear me.


“Okay, what?” Tracey was already sulking over getting in trouble.


“Mom and Dad do not have to know about this. Okay?”


“But Paul, this wasn’t right, we just need to tell them. It would be the right thing to do.” Tracey was almost in tears.


“Suck it up and put on your big boy pants Tracey. Cause if they find out about this we are DEAD!” I made sure to emphasize that last word.


“Ok, ok, just cool down. I won’t tell them.” I knew Tracey would crack it was just a matter of when and where. But I would not regret the great time I was having. No one could take away the fun we all had. Many lessons were learned that day. Like don’t trust your brother (he told them a couple of days later). One lesson in particular that stuck out to me and would stay with me the rest of my life was was even the admiral could be overthrown , even the greatest leaders.